From Prabal Gurung's whimsical collection to Concept Korea's edgy designs, check out some of the top collections from New York Fashion Week!!
Celebrities Who Love Prabal Gurung: Jennifer Lawrence, Zoe Saldana, and Jessica Parker
- Yellow, orange, gold, and burgundy hues dominated the runway — shades that resembled a bold, fall sunset draped behind a mountain range
- Collection consisted of elegant and airy dresses, clean silhouettes, low V-necks
- Common trend: minimalistic, yet timeless
Brownie Points: The show was very touching as it paid tribute to the earthquake tragedy in the designer's home country, Nepal.
(Photo Credit: Vogue.com)
Concept Korea ft. Kaal E. Suktae and Jarret
Collection Details: Kaal E. Sukate’s “Dust to Dust”
- Dominatrix and edgy — used a lot of black, leather, and buckles
- Oversize, boxy, and masculine silhouettes
- Mixture of white, metallic, and gold hues
- True "pretty girl" swag fashion
- Pieces were contemporary and modern
- Mix of masculine and feminine silhouettes — tailored suits, boxy cuts, etc.
Kaal E. Sukate "Dust to Dust"
(Photo Credit: deuxhommesmag.com)
Chromat: S/S 2016 Momentum
Celebrities Who Love Chromat: Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, and FKA TWIGS
- Structural and futuristic sportswear pieces
- Monochrome colors
- Athletic-leisure styles
Brownie Points: The show demonstrated diversity by casting a wide range of models (in size and race).
(Photo Credit: Sunny Facer)
Celebrities Who Love alice + olivia: Beyonce, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Michelle Obama Collection Details:
- There was a mixture of whimsical and flirty with sexy and sophisticated pieces
- Incorporates bold colors, romantic embroidery, unique prints, and eclectic details to create a bohemian-like style
- 70’s-inspired pieces — suede skirts and denim flares
Brownie Points: The collection is about the strength of a woman and her inner goddess.
(Photo Credit: John Aquino/WWD)